[Clfs-support] Netplug installation: bootscripts

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Sun Sep 21 07:48:48 PDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014, at 08:46 PM, Tom Janson wrote:
> I’ve been following the guide and I’ve enjoyed it a lot so far. Thanks
> for all the work! I just ran into a slight issue, though:
>
> Chapter "8.5.2. Installation of Netplug Bootscripts" [1] refers to a
> make install-netplug target in the bootscripts, but that doesn’t
> exist. (Bootscripts from [2] as per the guide.) A quick look in the
> git history suggests that it never existed, but that there was a
> networking script that was removed [3].
>
> Instead, I followed the instructions in the CBLFS wiki [4].
>
> Is this correct? Is this a loose end, or did I misread something?

Likely I started making a netplug bootscript and somehow the part which
put the instructions into the book got completed but the actual
bootscripts never got committed.  Sorry about that :-o

I've created a trac ticket [1] for this.  There really should be some
bootscripts... I think.

[1]: trac.cross-lfs.org/ticket/984

Thanks,
Andrew