[Clfs-support] Strange cross-tools eglibc failure

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sat Mar 29 06:13:47 PDT 2014

On Mar 28, 2014, at 1:36 PM, Michael D Labriola wrote:

> Hey guys, I found my problem a few days ago and forgot to tell
> everyone. I
> had CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS set in my environment...  I didn't realize
> they
> were set, and section 5.2 only has you unset CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.
> Glad I
> fixed it, but sheesh that took forever to track down.

Well, the problem is that you weren't changing to the clfs user
properly.

If you su - clfs  then you won't have that issue,

if you su clfs  then you will have that issue.

Why did you have CPPFLAGS and LDLFAGS set as root when you su to clfs
anyway?

When you su - clfs it'll take up the environment of the clfs user so
you will have no issues.

I don't think this belongs in section 5.2. Makes no sense how CPPFLAGS
and LDFLAGS would be in the clfs user's environment when you enter it
properly.

How did you change to the clfs user?