[Clfs-support] bootscripts-cross-lfs issue

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Wed Mar 19 11:12:50 PDT 2014

On Mar 19, 2014, at 1:00 PM, Alexey Orishko wrote:

> I had a trouble with dbus and apache. If it is not meant to be used
> with blfs, should they be removed?

No, you should use blfs bootscripts if using dbus or apache from blfs.

On the other hand, if dbus and apache install targets from clfs
bootscripts don't work with dbus or apache in CBLFS, then a ticket or
someone needs to let us know.

In the future it won't be a problem with systemd and unit files. No
bootscripts required.

With my last CLFS build for my server, I used all bootscripts from LFS
and BLFS without issue. I also used BLFS.

Things break if you mix and match clfs-bootscripts with BLFS builds.

Our bootscripts also don't have lsb init functions which BLFS
bootscripts require.
And that is from LFS bootscripts.