[Clfs-support] Running the 'final' gcc

Kasindorf, Barry (Consultant) Barry.Kasindorf at GTECH.COM
Thu Jul 10 10:33:09 PDT 2014

Hi,
I am running the final gcc, not the native gcc from chapter 10. I have changed some of the directory names to match how our stuff is built.
IE lib->lib32 etc.using -libdir arguments. This is using the V3.0 book.

In our build, the check for a working gcc shows in the config.log that it is failing because ld can't find crt1.o or crti.o.
What I see is that crti.o and crt1.o are in /tools/libxx while the other crtxxx.o are in the gcc/4.8.3/ directory in /cross-tools where the linker is looking for them. Using strace I can see that gcc/collect2/ld is looking in /cross-tools and not at all in any /tools directory.
I am trying to find out if my changes to the config lines is causing these files to be put in the wrong place or the SEARCH_DIR that ld is using is wrong.
I can provide the changes to the config lines if that makes a difference
Thanks
.
-Barry

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the intended recipient. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender by replying to this email.  Thank you.