[Clfs-support] Errata for CLFS 2.1.0

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sun Feb 9 10:51:08 PST 2014

On Feb 9, 2014, at 9:21 AM, Alexey Orishko wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a couple of questions regarding errata for CLFS 2.1
>
> 1. While reading ch.8.2 and errata "Boot and Chroot method Util-Linux"
> " ..Hosts with Pkg-config installed Add PKG_CONFIG= before ./configure
> PKG_CONFIG= ./configure ... "
>
> I'm a bit confused about errata meaning. Having space after equal
> sign and
> no `` signs, what are we supposed to do in bash with PKG_CONFIG env
> var?

Exactly as it states:  PKG_CONFIG= ./configure --prefix=/usr .....

We don't want pkgconfig ran at all. This will let configure not use
pkgconfig from the host.

> 2. In 8.4.1 it was suggested to extract the "Automake-1.12.4"
> tarball and cd
> into the created directory. Then execute the following to see what the
> detected target triplet is by config.guess:
> build-aux/config.guess
>
> Well, I don't see build-aux in extracted tar ball.
> After extracting tar ball and cd into extracted dir I found
> ./lib/config.guess
>
> Should command in ch. 8.4.1 be corrected?

Fixed,  Autoconf has build-aux/,  Automake has lib/   I made the
change for build-aux a while back but I may have been looking at the
autoconf extracted source when making the change. Added to errata, and
fixed in master and systemd books in git repos.

Sincerely,

WIlliam Harrington