[Clfs-support] Errata for CLFS 2.1.0

Alexey Orishko alexey.orishko at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 07:21:50 PST 2014

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of questions regarding errata for CLFS 2.1

1. While reading ch.8.2 and errata "Boot and Chroot method Util-Linux"
" ..Hosts with Pkg-config installed Add PKG_CONFIG= before ./configure
PKG_CONFIG= ./configure ... "

I'm a bit confused about errata meaning. Having space after equal sign and
no `` signs, what are we supposed to do in bash with PKG_CONFIG env var?

2. In 8.4.1 it was suggested to extract the "Automake-1.12.4" tarball and cd
into the created directory. Then execute the following to see what the
detected target triplet is by config.guess:
build-aux/config.guess

Well, I don't see build-aux in extracted tar ball.
After extracting tar ball and cd into extracted dir I found
./lib/config.guess

Should command in ch. 8.4.1 be corrected?

Regards,
Alexey