[Clfs-support] [Clfs-dev] CLFS GIT Package Freeze

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Thu Oct 10 11:19:28 PDT 2013

On Oct 1, 2013, at 1:32 PM, William Harrington wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Only a couple weeks away from release.
>
> The package freeze is here and I've pulled in some of the last
> updates.
>
> I do not think we are missing any critical updates. During a package
> freeze, we may update packages or patches or add/remove packages/
> patches based on issues or last minute features, or some other
> reason when brought up via support channels. If an update reduces
> the book commands or makes installing a package a bit easier than
> complicated commands, that may be of interest to update, as well.
>
> Happy testing and editing the book text.
>
> If you need a trac account, contact any of the developers via IRC or
> the mailing list.
>
> Please use the ticket system if finding an issue as some of us are
> quite busy this time of year and following the mailing list can be
> tedious and having a ticket system helps us prioritize and fix
> issues and make sure all issues are closed for release.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington

All is well so far.

Books that could use some testing are sparc, sparc64, all mips, and
alpha (but we may remove alpha).

x86, and x86_64 multilib and pure64 have been tested
ppc and ppc64 pure64 have been tested. Multilib I may do later. I know
it works from previous builds. Test results should be similar to ppc
and ppc64.

Jonathan is attempting a sparc build.

I'll update trac tickets for the builds I have done.

Testsuite logs are here: http://cross-lfs.org/testsuite-logs/git/

Sincerely,

WIlliam Harrington