[Clfs-support] CLFS GIT Package Freeze

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Tue Oct 1 11:32:09 PDT 2013

Greetings,

Only a couple weeks away from release.

The package freeze is here and I've pulled in some of the last updates.

I do not think we are missing any critical updates. During a package
freeze, we may update packages or patches or add/remove packages/
patches based on issues or last minute features, or some other reason
when brought up via support channels. If an update reduces the book
commands or makes installing a package a bit easier than complicated
commands, that may be of interest to update, as well.

Happy testing and editing the book text.

If you need a trac account, contact any of the developers via IRC or
the mailing list.

Please use the ticket system if finding an issue as some of us are
quite busy this time of year and following the mailing list can be
tedious and having a ticket system helps us prioritize and fix issues
and make sure all issues are closed for release.