[Clfs-support] coreutils-8.22 build failed

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Dec 23 08:52:43 PST 2013

On Dec 23, 2013, at 10:24 AM, Charlie Brown wrote:

> Hi,
> Building coreutils failed at generating docs:
>  GEN      man/chroot.1
> ./man/dummy-man: too many non-option arguments
> Makefile:9966: recipe for target 'man/chroot.1' failed
>
> It seems that we sed Makefile to call coreutils-8.22/dummy-man instead
> of coreutils-8.22/help2man. And if I skip the sed command, make will
> succeed.
> And it seems that even if I skip the sed command in *8.21*, make will
> still succeed. That's interesting.
>
> Is there something wrong with my configuration, or simply coreutils
> has fixed that bug or something?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
> 王文鑫
> Charlie

Working on it

http://lists.cross-lfs.org/pipermail/clfs-dev-cross-lfs.org/2013-December/001871.html

The problem is worse when the target can't run the tools in temp-system.

Like x86 host for x86_64 target.

If the host can run the target temp system tools, then this problem
won't even crop up.

Like x86 to x86 or x86_64 to x86_64

That's why I've tested from now on where the host can't run the target
tools.

That is why when you skip the sed, it works fine.

Sincerely,

WIlliam Harrington