[Clfs-support] Build error

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Thu Aug 8 11:27:31 PDT 2013

On Apr 25, 2013, at 1:02 AM, Nazmul Alam wrote:

> With a debian based system you'll need to also install ncurses dev
> package.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington

I am incorrect on this one.

I didn't install ncurses5-dev on my debian jessie system and I went
through cross-tools and temp-system without a hitch. You will need
ncurses-dev if using the boot method and using menuconfig for the
kernel in chapter 7.

I do now know why you had the error, but in the future you may want to
double check the ncurses install in ch6 and make sure the toolchain is
looking for the headers and libraries in the proper place.

Sincerely,

WIlliam Harrington