[Clfs-support] 64bit clfs with 2.0 pre2 bootscript wont boot.

bvl bvl at btconnect.com
Wed Oct 3 19:14:21 PDT 2012

Greetings,

I have just rejoined this list.  My mail was gummed up at my ISP who went to
unsupport linux as  result of getting into be with M-u-know-who.

My problem.:-   I have built the current pure 64-(amd64) bit clfs dev  (my
system has 3core AMD 64 cpu   and  8 Gbytes RAM).  It will not boot.

I get the error (of ssuch )
Checking fleystem
fsck.ext3 no such file ofr directory.

 I have checked  and the fscks are installed in sbin and I have follwed the
instructuon sequencies  coreutils after e2fsprog etc.    And I have rebuilt
the system after encountering the above error only to run int it again.  The
only change I made was to add attr and acl at the end and re-installed
coreutiles.  I have done this successfully before in other clfs builds.

And another thing. I first erroneously installed bootscript-2.0-pre1 and that
reffered to  /bin/udev.  I fixed this    leaving the unresolved error as
mentoned above.  I cleaned out /etc/rc.d/init.d and   all the rcX's.d  and
rcsysinit.d and installed bootscript-2.0-pre2.  Now on  booting I get  the
following error

"booting Kernel filesystem  ....  devshmpts no such file or directory
....please report this bug....

  it then proceded  to the 'fsck.ext3'    error reported above.

Help advice would be much appreciated..

yours sincerely
lux-integ