[Clfs-support] Trouble compiling eglibc GIT-20120610-x86_64-Multilib

Alonso Graterol alonso.graterol at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:16:31 PDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alonso Graterol <alonso.graterol at gmail.com>
Date: 2012/7/12
Subject: Re: [Clfs-support] Trouble compiling eglibc
GIT-20120610-x86_64-Multilib
To: CLFS Support <clfs-support at lists.cross-lfs.org>

Just for the records, doing make check for eglibc-2.15 64 bit shows same
tst-backtrace6 error than on 32 bit

make[1]: Target `check' not remade because of errors.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/eglibc-2.15'
make: *** [check] Error 2
make[2]: [/sources/eglibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)

make[2]: *** [/sources/eglibc-build/debug/tst-backtrace6.out] Error 1
make[1]: *** [debug/tests] Error 2
make: *** [check] Error 2
root:/sources/eglibc-build#

Anyway, given all previous discussion I will continue with the system build.

Alonso

After make check on chapter 10.10 GMP-5.0.5 64 bit there are 3 cxx tests
that fail, t-assign, t-constr and t-rand. All of them segfault and related
to ${dir}$tst at line 5 of some file (not a Makefile or any of the t-xxx
executables).

Google pointed to a similar situation reported to gmp mailing list which
blames C++ exceptions
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.gmp.bugs/3598

I also found a build log of gmp-5.0.2 for both 32 and 64 bit showing no
errors at all in any of them.

But I can't find any hint on what to do to make the cxx tests with flying
colors without having to change configuration parameters.

I am tempted to ignore errors and continue but t-assignMENT? t-constrUCT?
and t-randOM? make me think that twice.

Alonso