[Clfs-support] QEMU and testing the book

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Fri Jul 27 13:35:52 PDT 2012

Howdy everybody,

In the past I've had actual hardware to build the different CLFS
books: PPC, PPC64, SPARC64, x86, x86_64, MIPS64  and I don't have
PPC64, SPARC64, and mips64 machine is too slow.

I am checking out qemu and I notice the sparc64 isn't completely
ready to use.

Do any of the subscribers here use qemu to build any of the MIPS or
PPC books?

I did get a malta kernel and debian squeeze qcow2 image and I had it
boot once, but it likes to crash when bringing up the eth0 interface.
Also I'm using this on my super fast machine in windows 7 hehe.  May
load a linux distro on it and try qemu from there.

Any successful kernel and image configurations and command line
options for mips or ppc/ppc64 ?
By the way I'm using the latest 20111119 qemu w32 port.

Sincerely