[Clfs-support] Can't login to x86_64 pure64 bootable method

code monkey lfscodemonkey at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 15:56:44 PST 2012

I built a x86_64 pure64 using the 'bootable' (i.e. not the chroot)
method.   When I booted the temporary system up, it came up and gave
me a login prompt and I typed root but it wouldn't give me a shell
prompt.   After a few seconds I got another login prompt but couldn't
get it to log me in.

Has anyone else tried this and it worked?   I'm trying to figure out
if I did something wrong....

To get around it I modified inittab for single mode run level and got
a prompt that way  and was able to finish chapter 10 ok...