[Clfs-support] xorg 7 script problem

Randolph D Dach rdach at telus.net
Mon Mar 28 21:37:42 PDT 2011

that part of "done" not being a file isn't the problem.
this was all done under a previous build of CLFS that I did.
the problem is that tar will not open any of the packages supplied by Proto-20101205.wget, if I use the script and yes I've successfully downloaded all the packages in the above wget file.

I can tar each package individually
example tar xvpf xproto-7.0.19.tar.bz2  will successfully unpack the package and I can then build it as per instructions.
If I use the script it will correctly echo
echo $package
  xproto-7.0.19.tar.bz2
echo $packagedir
  xporto-7.0.19

but tar will not work because it adds the \r to the package name and that applies to all the packages and of course none of the packages have that name.
On this computer I am using Debian and it results in the same output.

I think I'll have to try and cp all the packages and add the "\r" to the package name.

tks