[Clfs-support] is it possible to build target OS in kernel 2.4 and glibc 2.3 in CLFS?

Fred Liu Fred_Liu at issi.com
Mon Mar 28 04:48:20 PDT 2011

Andrew and Code Monkey,

Thank you very much.

The reason why we still stick to CentOS3.9 is the some legacy software running on it are still needed by our business.

And just like what you said, I tried and got no luck today.

I also found a HINT -- http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/kernel-2.4.txt.
But the passage is sort of old, and author did not mention the actual gcc,g libc, and linux kernel version.
I cannot reply it either.

The idea is simple ¨C try to running latest gnu binary in linux 2.4. The host OS could be any latest linux distro.

But it seems waste of time to do it.

Many thanks.

Fred