[Clfs-support] CLFS sysroot gcc 4.4 final build problem and a patch for it

code monkey lfscodemonkey at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 05:03:16 PDT 2011

The changes I made to get a completed build of arm sysroot were:

Apply the gcc patch attached in the following email during builds of gcc,
applied some cross compile fixes to the perl build and had to enable a
couple of libraries in the e2fsprogs build.

I had to roll my own eglibc tarballs from the eglibc site.  There were a
couple of bugs in the eglibc code - a missing #define and a failure due to
an include file install target (bits/timex.h) which doesn't exist (maybe
it's in a later kernel or something).   Those were pretty easy to find &
fix.

I bumped the revision level on several packages but I don't think it affects
any of the building issues I ran into.   I changed my target definition also
to what I needed but I don't think that affects building issues either..

I've attached a book patch with my changes.  This is a hacky patch.  I'm not
saying it is good stuff - just that it might be of help to someone else who
would like to build arm sysroot.    And in fact when I booted it, there were
some error messages so I know there is still stuff that isn't quite right.
But it did come up to a prompt and was sane enough to rebuild binutils
natively.

My build system is Fedora 9 i386 BTW.