[Clfs-support] CLFS sysroot gcc 4.4 final build problem and a patch for it

code monkey lfscodemonkey at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 09:50:42 PDT 2011

hello

    I recently started building the CLFS sysroot for arm.    I ran into a
problem that had been previously reported:

http://lists.cross-lfs.org/pipermail/clfs-support-cross-lfs.org/2009-September/000789.html

    I tried bumping my compiler version to 4.4.6, hoping that it had been
resolved recently.   But it didn't help.

    So, I did some searching and found a patch (attached) and it appears to
resolve the problem.

    With that, and other tweakings, I was able to get it to build all the
way and produce a functional system.   I will
describe the other changes I made in a subsequent email.