[Clfs-support] About CLFS for Alpha

Rafael Ruiz gandano at gmail.com
Sun May 30 12:15:36 PDT 2010

Hi again.
I have trying to do CLFS for Alpha system. I got a few errors if I follow
the steps in the book.

7.11 Linux-2.6.17.13.
       I got two problems:
                     1. If I choose Alpha generic then I got a problem with
CTLZ Count Leading Zero instruction. EV5 has not this instruction.
                         I solve this error building for 21264 family, but
this isn't a good solution, only for check.

                     2. I must to edit scripts/mod/sumversion.c and add
"#include <limits.h>" for build fine.

      I have no problems with another kernel version. I have checked linux
kernel-2.6.24 without any problem.

The second problem is for 7.12 section, Aboot-0.9b
When I try to compile I get follow error:

../include/linux/elf.h:6:21: error: asm/elf.h: No such file of directory.

Is there anybody working with CLFS for Alpha?
Any help?

Thanks