[Clfs-support] ftdi_sio

John Walton john at hfenergy.se
Thu May 20 02:20:01 PDT 2010

CLFS-1.1.0-rc1-x86

This version of the book uses linux-2.6.24.7 as the kernel.
Unfortunatly for me the driver
/drivers/usb/serial/ftdi_sio.c
was not included in this kernel.
It was first included in the 2.4 series.
It was ment to be replaced by a generic driver.
The generic driver did not work and ftdi_sio was later put back.
There are various references to this on the net.
I am not the only person in the world to have this problem.
There are  patches for  distributions.

1. Is there such a thing is an official patch ?
         and if so how do I get it and apply it ?

2. Is it possible to use a later kernel ?
      ( anyone had experience good or bad )

Here is a reference to the problem.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=a9fec7102f01f6464b19e13ffd9d8c48663379ad#patch1

The reference might contain a patch but I dont know how to use it.

John