[Clfs-support] HALFS and CLFS error message

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 6 05:51:37 PST 2010

Hi Roelf,

On 03/05/10 03:21, Roelof Wobben wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to install CLFS by using JHLAFS. I use the SVN version of that book
> But I get now a message that some packages can't be found.
>
> This is the list.
>
> eglibc-2.10.1.tar.bz2 not found in the SRC_ARCHIVE or on any
> server..SKIPPING
This file is present in the materials list therefore JHALFS will attempt
to download the file. Talk to the CLFS boys and have them modify the svn
document materials page and remove the file.
> e2fsprogs-1.41.6.tar.gz not found in the SRC_ARCHIVE or on any
> server..SKIPPING
This is an old version and not on the CLFS server. Have CLFS team add
this file to their server.
> xz-4.999.8beta.tar.gz not found in the SRC_ARCHIVE or on any
> server..SKIPPING
This is an old version and not on the CLFS server. Have CLFS team add
this file to their server.

> But the first one is never used in the CLFS pure X86-64 book.
>
> Can someone explain this ?

As a quick fix you can download the files yourself to the SRC_ARCHIVE
and JHALFS will use those files.

Regards,
  George