[Clfs-support] PPL configure error

Filip Bartmann filbar at centrum.cz
Mon Jun 14 02:58:20 PDT 2010

Dne Mon, 14 Jun 2010 05:24:09 +0000
Grail Dane <grail69 at hotmail.com> napsal(a):

> Hi Filip
> I think the best suggestion here would be to start again, as you are
> not far in.Typically you will get the below situation as you have not
> set some of your environmentvariables correctly. I would go back over
> the initial setup steps for the user account you compile with and any
> associatedvariables. Also check your gmp install of the file listed
> below after installation. Let us know how you get on? CheersGrail

I have set my variables by the book. My .bash_profile contains:

cat .bash_profile
exec env -i HOME=${HOME} TERM=${TERM} PS1='\u:\w\$ ' /bin/bash

and my .bashrc:

cat .bashrc
alias ls='ls --color'
set +h
umask 022
CLFS=/mnt/clfs
LC_ALL=POSIX
PATH=/cross-tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
export CLFS LC_ALL PATH
unset CFLAGS
unset CXXFLAGS
export BUILD64="-m64"
export CLFS_HOST="x86_64-cross-linux-gnu"
export CLFS_TARGET="x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

All variables which i have set is:
set
BASH=/bin/bash
BASH_ALIASES=()
BASH_ARGC=()
BASH_ARGV=()
BASH_CMDS=()
BASH_LINENO=()
BASH_SOURCE=()
BASH_VERSINFO=([0]="4" [1]="0" [2]="33" [3]="1" [4]="release" [5]="x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu")
BASH_VERSION='4.0.33(1)-release'
BUILD64=-m64
CLFS=/mnt/clfs
CLFS_HOST=x86_64-cross-linux-gnu
CLFS_TARGET=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
COLUMNS=273
DIRSTACK=()
EUID=1000
GROUPS=()
HISTFILE=/home/clfs/.bash_history
HISTFILESIZE=500
HISTSIZE=500
HOME=/home/clfs
HOSTNAME=lfs.joomladev.dyndns.org
HOSTTYPE=x86_64
IFS=$' \t\n'
LC_ALL=POSIX
LINES=73
MACHTYPE=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
MAILCHECK=60
OPTERR=1
OPTIND=1
OSTYPE=linux-gnu
PATH=/cross-tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
PIPESTATUS=([0]="0")
PPID=917
PS1='\u:\w\$ '
PS2='> '
PS4='+ '
PWD=/home/clfs
SHELL=/bin/bash
SHELLOPTS=braceexpand:emacs:histexpand:history:interactive-comments:monitor
SHLVL=1
TERM=xterm
UID=1000
_=CLFS_TARGET

And gmp files is correctly installed too, but when I'm building gmp I
see in the configuration output, that it's used 32 bit API, but I don't
know why. Previous packages as file, or tic program from ncurses are
builded correctly with 64-bit version, but both libraries as GMP or
MPFR are builded as 32 bit.

Thanks for your help.

Filip Bartmann