[Clfs-support] CLFS multilib (SVN20100103): cannot neither chroot nor boot Ch. 6

appzer0 appzer0 at free.fr
Tue Jan 5 23:42:59 PST 2010

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

>> I strictly followed the clfs multilib book several times now - excepting
>> software versions - and I realize I'm just stuck each time at the
>> Boot/Chroot step.
>
> No you didn't, as your variables below clearly indicate. For example,
> you apparently added "frenchslack" to the CLFS_TARGET vars...and a
> number of other changes.
My bad. It seems that I pasted env variables for wrong sessions :(
Anyway you are right concerning the "vendor" strings, sorry it's not
that strict following indeed (and sorry for my english).

> There's one problem right there - Bash in /tools is linked to the
> host, and I bet so is everything else (such as Coreutils, which would
> explain the /tools/bin/env issue above). My guess your messing with
> various env. vars (and/or not bothering to set the right PATH) has
> messed things up...either that or it is due to even more deviations
> from the book that you haven't mentioned. All I can suggest is to rm
> -rf /{cross-,}tools/*, go back to the beginning and *actually* follow
> the book's instructions...all of them...
You're perfectly right. cross-tools are compiled via a Bash script I
wrote and I probably I mixed variables from that script along with
variables from my env, so it may be have messed the PATH up.

Thank you very much for your time and directions. I'll drop a line if
everything went OK rebuilding from the beginning. Have a nice day.

appzer0