[Clfs-support] procps needs a tweak to work with make 3.82

code monkey lfscodemonkey at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 07:18:20 PDT 2010

Continuing on into chapter 10 (powerpc 32 bit)....

I found the powerpc linux kernel 2.6.35 headers install failed due to an
incompatibility with make 3.82.   That has been fixed in a later kernel
version so I updated to 2.6.35.4 and that resolved that problem.

The build of procps failed (also due to an incompatibility with
make.3.82.).     The LFS book already had the fix for it so I propagated it
into my clfs book and it was resolved.

The procps patch for the clfs book is attached.

That got it building without error to the end of the powerpc 32bit book.   I
haven't run test suites nor booted the system yet (i used chroot...).   I
will restart from a clean slate with the bootable method, test suites, etc
and see how it goes.

In this, I've developed a few CLFS book patches and posted them on this list
(and a couple on the dev list).    Is there any chance one of the powers
that be can review and incorporate them into the book?    They are fairly
simple and not likely to be controversial changes....