[Clfs-support] e2fsprogs compile failure

code monkey lfscodemonkey at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 09:49:38 PDT 2010

I have been working my way through the current CLFS book.   I have found
that building e2fsprogs fails (on at least x86 & PPC) due to qfcvt & friends
being undeclared.

It looks like this issue originates from a discrepancy of conditional #if's
in stdlib.h vs stdlib-ldbl.h.   A similar issue was fixed several years ago
as described in:

http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-hacker/2006-02/msg00014.html

It looks like a recent changes to e/glibc has reintroduced the issue.

I made a similar change, (attached as a patch to eglibc) and the problem is
resolved.

I've since fixed it and did not retain the exact failure message but if it
is required, I will go back and reproduce the failing output.

Is this the right change to fix this issue?