[Clfs-support] gmp-4.3.1. fails to compile in Ch. 5, "Constructing Cross Compile Tools"

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Thu Sep 3 16:43:06 PDT 2009

Jim Gifford wrote:
> It's a learning experience. Just remember we have tested this
> configuration numerous ways, we are not perfect and we do miss things,
> but we know the common errors are and what causes them. If you do come
> accross another error that you run into, don't hesitate to post. We
> will tell you what's wrong, or if we have a problem.
Since I did my first LFS build, OMG, eight years ago now, I have the
greatest confidence in you who put these processes together. 64-bit and
multilib are new to me and I'm rusty. I made the mistake of not
remembering that "operator error" is the main cause of speed bumps in
{,B,C}LFS.

Thank you for your work and your gentleness.

Dan