[Clfs-support] Want to Make Sure I Understand EGlibc locale Instructions

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Tue Sep 15 18:06:50 PDT 2009

Using SVN-20090912-x86_64-Multilib

There's a statement in Section 10.8 EGLIBC-2.10.1 64-bit instructions
that I think is the strongest "don't do
> CLFS should not be used in locales that utilize multibyte character
> sets (including UTF-8) or right-to-left writing order.
I think this is telling me that for my CLFS system, which I intend to
use for a long time, I should NOT use UTF-8, but 'en_US ISO-8859-1 en_US
for my locale.  Is this interpretation correct.  I'm used to using UTF-8
in my other {,B}LFS builds

Thanks,

Dan
it" statement I've read in {,C,B}LFS: