[Clfs-support] Keyboard If You Are Going to Boot

Mark Pokorny iridium193 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 18:16:54 PDT 2009

> Mark
>
> Would you be as good as to tell me how you did it.
> So that I do not have to much digging to do.
> ( Although I am British I live in Sweden looking at
> Swedish layout )
> I can think of several alternatives.
>
> John

Sure thing:

After running the 'make…menuconfig' command during §7.10.1 and before
running 'make…', you should run the following command:

loadkeys -m /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/uk.map.gz >
drivers/char/defkeymap.c

for a UK layout, or:

loadkeys -m /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/se-lat6.map.gz >
drivers/char/defkeymap.c

to load up one of the Swedish keyboard layouts into the kernel source
for you. You should take a look at the
/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/ directory yourself to verify which
layout it is you want/need. Once you're happy with the above, you can
proceed with the rest of the book as normal.

Fingers crossed!

Mark.