[Clfs-support] Still No Internet

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Thu Oct 22 21:47:20 PDT 2009

On 10/23/2009 12:34 AM, Dan McGhee wrote:
> Reimundo Heluani wrote:
>>
> Thanks for refreshing my memory. I did that while I was trying to get it
> to work, but not after I settled on dhcp-3.1.0. Setting the ESSID to the
> name of my router allowed the card to connect! Now I know it's just a
> matter of configuration to get it to come up at boot time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

I simply copied the "template" bootscript to a new one called "wireless"
where I put the appropriate iwconfig commands in, then made it run just
before the "network" script.

There are probably plenty of other ways to make it work at boot time
(alternatively, I used to just add an "iwconfig" command right in the
network bootscript itself, just before the ifup command), but that seems
to me to be the easiest.