[Clfs-support] problem with cloog-PPL-0.15.7 segfaulting on configure script

b-vol bvl at btconnect.com
Tue Nov 17 17:48:47 PST 2009

On Tuesday 17 November 2009 11:33:39 pm Joe Ciccone wrote:
-

> Please try running this sed before configuring, and let me know the
> outcome so I can add this fix to the book if it works.
>
> sed -i "s/LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/d" configure

clfs:/mnt/clfs/sources-151009$ cd  cloog-ppl-0.15.7
clfs:/mnt/clfs/sources-151009/cloog-ppl-0.15.7$ sed -i "s/LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/d"
configure
sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated `s' command
clfs:/mnt/clfs/sources-151009/cloog-ppl-0.15.7$

thanks for your sugggestion but  the SED  does not appear to help (and I have
cut and paste).

----------
below is the --configure--help  for Optional Packages ( for cloog-ppl-0.15.7)
  --with-PACKAGE[=ARG]    use PACKAGE [ARG=yes]
  --without-PACKAGE       do not use PACKAGE (same as --with-PACKAGE=no)
  --with-pic              try to use only PIC/non-PIC objects [default=use
                          both]
  --with-gnu-ld           assume the C compiler uses GNU ld [default=no]
  --with-ppl=DIR          Prefix of Parma Polyhedral Library installation
  --with-polylib-prefix=DIR
                          Prefix of PolyLib installation
  --with-polylib-exec-prefix=DIR
                          Exec prefix of PolyLib installation
  --with-polylib-builddir=DIR
                          Location of PolyLib builddir
  --with-bits=32|64|gmp   PolyLib library type to use
  --with-gmp=DIR          DIR where the gmp package is installed
  --with-gmp-include=DIR  DIR where gmp.h is installed
  --with-gmp-library=DIR  DIR where the gmp library is installed
  --with-host-libstdcxx=L Use linker arguments L to link with libstdc++
                          when linking with PPL

The configure script generates a Makefile for all these options save --
a) --with-ppl=DIR
b)----with-polylib-prefix=DIR
I have put LDFLAGS="-I/tools/include" to point to the ppl headers  to no
avail.  I have also downgraded to  cloog-ppl-0.15.6  to no avail

c) --with-polylib-exec-prefix=DIR  works but make fails almost immediately.

suggestions welcomed

cheers
bvol