[Clfs-support] Cannot link libgmp while building mpfr

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 05:17:29 PDT 2009

Lance Chou wrote:

> Hi All,
>

>   I’m following the instructions of the CLFS Sysroot. My platform is
> ARM. I can build cross-compiler successfully by following the
> instructions but failed at IV (Building the CLFS System) while
> building mpfr-2.4.1. The problem is that the libtool always link
> libgmp in a wrong folder. The error messages are shown as below.

Couple things to check:

The first one is did you execute this command to remove gmp's libtool stubs?

rm -v ${CLFS}/usr/lib/lib{gmp,gmpxx,mp}.la

Also are you using the same versions that are in the book?

And could you please paste the libtool command that was posted right
above the command that failed? It will give me a better idea of the
command line that make executed.