[Clfs-support] Firefox-32 segfaults, Firefox-64 erratic behavious

Reimundo Heluani rheluani at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 16:15:09 PDT 2009

Hello List, compiled Firefox 3.5 against Xulrunner 1.9.1 on a multilib
X86 system, and I have this really
strange behaviour. Firefox-64 runs, and I can browse the wiki for
example without trouble
but as soon as I try any of "save file" "preferences" etc. the browser
hangs. Similary,
it hangs opening gmail.com, nytimes.com, or anything requiring a plugin.
What is most confusing is that Firefox-32 segfaults on startup. But if
there is a running copy of
Firefox-64, then Firefox-32 runs fine (same hangs though) This I guess
means that Firefox-32 needs some libraries that Firefox-64 loads to
memory, that's why it doesn't crash on startup if Firefox-64 is
already running.
Next, after running Firefox-32, Firefox-64 won't load again, it will
hang on loading, requiring removal of .mozilla to load again.

Same results with Firefox 3.0.11 on xulrunner 1.9.0.4 so I
guess it has to do with some configuration... Any ideas?

Thanks,
R.