[Clfs-support] [CBLFS] gtk2+ binary version doesn't agree with minor version

Reimundo Heluani rheluani at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 09:54:31 PDT 2009

Hi there, following cblfs wiki. Trying to install gtk+-2.16.0 on a
multilib x86 system. Compilation goes fine but libraries are installed
in .../2.10.0 instead of ..../2.16.0

config.log shows

GTK_BINARY_VERSION='2.10.0'
GTK_VERSION='2.16.0'

is this alright?  later installing libgnomeui we're supposed then to
have a dead link at .../2.16.0.

On a side note this might be useful to someone trying to install gnome
following the wiki these days. The d-bus gconf configuration is wrong in
the wiki, one has to make sure that
${GNOME_PREFIX}/share/dbus-1/system{,-services} is read by d-bus along
with /etc/gnome/dbus-1/system.d

it took me a while to find out why gconftool wasn't contacting gconfd

R.