[Clfs-support] mysql install issue

Mark McCorkell markmccorkell at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 17:12:09 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 23:33 +0000, Koornstra, Reinoud wrote:
> Hi, I see this option when doing configure --help:
>
>   --with-plugins=PLUGIN[[[,PLUGIN..]]]
>                           Plugins to include in mysqld. (default is: none)
>                           Must be a configuration name or a comma separated
>                           list of plugins.
>                           Available configurations are: none max max-no-ndb
>                           all.
>                           Available plugins are: partition daemon_example
>                           ftexample archive blackhole csv example federated
>                           heap ibmdb2i innobase myisam myisammrg ndbcluster.
>

> Underneath I see:
>
> === Federated Storage Engine ===
>   Plugin Name:      federated
>   Supports build:   static and dynamic
>   Configurations:   max, max-no-ndb
>
> So: --with-plugins= federated
>
> Should do it then? Or should I do: --with-plugins=max ?
> Thanks,
>
> Reinoud.

I tend to install the minimum that I need to get things working, going
on the theory that the less code there is the fewer things can go wrong,
so I'd go for --with-plugins=federated.

'max' will install absolutely everything and might have additional
dependencies not listed in the install guide. Like I said, I don't use
the federated plugin (or any of the other non-mandatory plugins) as I
don't need their functionality for my rather basic SQL needs.

--
Mark.