[Clfs-support] Locale errors during SVN pure64 glibc check

Mark McCorkell markmccorkell at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Apr 12 13:32:21 PDT 2009

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 19:18:45 +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 06:54:09PM +0100, Mark McCorkell wrote:
>> I'm in the process of doing a CLFS pure64 build as something to
>> experiment with. During the glibc 'make check' inside a chroot jail
in
>> section 10.7 I'm getting 14 test fails in the localedata section. The
>> only other fail is the expected annexc fail.
>>
>> Google returned a suggestion of running
>>
>> cp ../glibc-x.xx/iconvdata/gconv-modules iconvdata
>>
>> before doing 'make check' but there's no mention of this being needed
>> in the current book. I haven't tried this yet.
>>
>  I've seen those errors, probably since we upgraded glibc (but there
> was a vast amount of churn since my previous build, so the cause could
> be anywhere - at that time I didn't manage to get anything out of
> google).  I've no idea what the fix is - please try copying
> gconv-modules and see if it fixes the failures.
>
> ĸen

Copying gconv-modules to the build dir just before running 'make check'
eliminated all the locale test errors. My Linux knowledge isn't at the
stage yet where I can decipher enough of the build scripts for glibc to
figure out why this needed to be done (but trying was fun in a
headache-inducing way). Hopefully it's just an issue with the tests and
won't cause any problems to crop up with later compiles in the CLFS
build.

--
Mark
* apologies if this reply isn't threaded, my mbox experienced a user