[Clfs-support] Locale errors during SVN pure64 glibc check

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 11 11:18:45 PDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 06:54:09PM +0100, Mark McCorkell wrote:
> I'm in the process of doing a CLFS pure64 build as something to
> experiment with. During the glibc 'make check' inside a chroot jail in
> section 10.7 I'm getting 14 test fails in the localedata section. The
> only other fail is the expected annexc fail.
>
> Google returned a suggestion of running
>
> cp ../glibc-x.xx/iconvdata/gconv-modules iconvdata
>
> before doing 'make check' but there's no mention of this being needed in
> the current book. I haven't tried this yet.

 I've seen those errors, probably since we upgraded glibc (but there
was a vast amount of churn since my previous build, so the cause
could be anywhere - at that time I didn't manage to get anything out
of google).  I've no idea what the fix is - please try copying
gconv-modules and see if it fixes the failures.

ĸen