[Clfs-support] bin86 and lilo

Koornstra, Reinoud koornstra at hp.com
Wed Apr 1 15:28:26 PDT 2009

Ok, clear.
I just continued building logged in as user clfs.
The grub bootloader couldn't load the 64 bits linux kernel.

I made a partition where I generated the ext3 fs and the /mnt/clfs is all on that partition.
What I actually wish to do is have another disk and put that partition on that disk, so I can boot from that disk.
Like, move everything from /mnt/clfs on to another disk, maintaining all symlinks permissions etc?
Any hints upon this?
This way I can just use a new lilo bootloader etc etc and boot the system from that disk.
Kind Regards,

Reinoud.