[Clfs-support] clfs-embedded on beagle?

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 18 11:17:33 PDT 2008

b-vol wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have downloaded the latest version of clfs-embedded.
> I have an  interest in trying it on the beagle board:
> http://beagleboard.org/
>
> Has anyone on this list attempted this build and if so what has been the
> results?

   There are a number of packages that need to be updated to give
CLFSembedded half a chance.

  You will need the svn versions of Busybox and uClibc.
  Update the kernel to an omap.git to get Beagleboard support. 2.6.27.1
is not enough.
  Use kernel headers install (see latest CLFS)
  Update binutils to 2.18
  Update gcc to 4.3.1 to pick up the Beagleboard processor.
  Add u-boot_beagle_revb.tar.gz (necessary to create the kernel uImage).

  All the package updates require significant changes to the build code.
  Oh, and a _thousand patches_ to the above packages.  :-)

  My CV for the above comments::
  I have a beagleboard (great toy, lots of potential)
  I have not been able to get CLFSEmbedded to build due to all the
changes necessary.

  George