[Clfs-support] coreutils-6.12 and hosts using older 2.6 kernels

John john at hf-teknik.nu
Fri Nov 14 02:15:40 PST 2008

Many thanks William for your warning.

I have started a build of the latest book using kernel 2.4.33.3 as host.
I have just come as far as the end of chapter 5.
Obviously I am planning to boot not chroot.
The build is absolute standard 32 bit i486.

Would you or anyone else be as good as to expand on this problem
 and any other problems I might be facing.
 At what point in the book do I use this?

Here is what I am doing :-
I took the hard disk out of the target and put it in the host as hdb.
I am building CLFS directly on it.
The disk has had lilo installed previously to master boot record.
It has a boot partition first.
The aim is to put it back in the target and boot.

Gratefull for any help.

John

John Walton