[Clfs-support] Need help building the cross toolchain

Jon Dufresne jon.dufresne at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 19:53:09 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 6:54 PM, George Boudreau
<georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>  I tried running your script to see your error but it failed during the
>  gcc-static config stage (missing gmp and mpfr)

I have the gmp-devel mpfr-devel packages installed from fedora. These
packages solve that.

>  As for your stated problem: gcc-4.3.x has an odd issue with make all-gcc.
>  Instead use:
>
> make
> make install

I found that this attempted to compile too many parts of gcc, manyof
them required glibc to be compile first. So the instead I now do the
following which does not require glibc:

make all-gcc
make install-gcc
make all-target-libgcc