[Clfs-support] Need help building the cross toolchain

Jon Dufresne jon.dufresne at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 19:49:54 PST 2008

> So ,the gcc don't install libgcc.a because of the command "make all-gcc ,make install-gcc" ?Oh, it seems that we are closing to success.

Ok, I was working on this all day and I found at least one thing that is wrong.

It appears newer gcc (4.3.2 in my case), doesn't build libgcc.a with
the make target "all-gcc", You need to use the make target
"all-target-libgcc"

So I added the following to my script:

make all-gcc || exit
make install-gcc || exit
make all-target-libgcc || exit
make install-target-libgcc || exit

My script now successfully builds libgcc. along side the static gcc.
This however does not build libgcc_eh.a which is also needed to build
glibc. In order to build libgcc_eh.a you need to add
"--enable-shared", but this requires glibc. Tomorrow I'm going to work
on this some more using this as a guide:

http://www.diy-linux.org/pipermail/diy-linux-dev/2005-June/000556.html

If I'm successful tomorrow I'll post a new (hopefully) working script.

Thanks,
Jon