[Clfs-support] I stuck in 7.17. Making the Temporary System Bootable

Gernot Miksch gm at kinderplanet.de
Wed May 21 09:09:56 PDT 2008

Hello,
using Version SVN-20080518-x86, I have the following problem with
Chapter 7.17:
When I call grub as root, I get the grub of the host-system running.
This is because the actual path of user clfs does not include any
location we installed grup to, earlier.
My actual path as user clfs is:
PATH=/cross-tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
So, I am a little confused. If I should use the hosts grub, what would
happen, if I would have a host which uses LILO as bootloader? If I
should use the previously installed loader, either I have overseen
something in the book before adding ${$clfs}/usr/sbin to the path or
there is a lack within the description.

I am using sudo to become root on my Ubuntu 8.04 based host.
What confuses me also, is the fact, that I get (the hosts?) grub running
when I do sudo grub.
This is even
sudo echo $PATH rsults in /cross-tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
and does not include /usr/sbin where grub is located.

Could you please help me?
Thanks in advance
Gernot