[Clfs-support] 64 bit Source machine

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 4 15:15:24 PST 2008

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 01:51:10PM -0500, Joe Ciccone wrote:
> One other thing to note is that if you intend to follow the chroot
> method, the final system's target triplet is not determined by
> CLFS_TARGET, it's determined by config.guess which is part of
> autoconf/automake. Unless you intend to boot the on the target system to
> build the final system, which i'm assuming you're not going to. I would
> load a uname hack that makes uname -m report i686 or i586. uname -m will
> influence the output of config.guess. You can find the tarball here,
>
> http://cross-lfs.org/~jciccone/uname_hack-20071212.tar.bz2

 I was going to say that I think this ought to be in the book, but
you've already raised the ticket, so it's your call.

 Probably, it only applies to the 32-bit version of x86 (so, other
arches seem to do it differently, and so far I've not seen any
indication that it's needed except on i{3,4,5}86).

ĸen