[Clfs-support] tcl8.4.16 build error with SVN-20080213

Shawn Jin shawnxjin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 21:55:02 PST 2008

Thanks a lot for the response.

On Feb 19, 2008 6:30 PM, Joe Ciccone <jciccone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you reply to this email with your config.log and config.cache attached?
>
> Also try putting the following in a file named config.cache and add
> --cache-file=config.cache to the configure command.
>
> ac_cv_func_strtod=yes
> tcl_cv_strtod_buggy=ok
> tcl_cv_strtod_unbroken=ok
For quick reference, here are the values of said three variables in
config.cache. I don't know if they are the same as you suggested.

ac_cv_func_strtod=${ac_cv_func_strtod=yes}
tcl_cv_strtod_buggy=${tcl_cv_strtod_buggy=buggy}
tcl_cv_strtod_unbroken=${tcl_cv_strtod_unbroken=broken}

Your trick fixed the problem. I successfully compiled and installed tcl.

-Shawn.