[Clfs-support] tcl8.4.16 build error with SVN-20080213

Shawn Jin shawnxjin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 00:57:24 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm building the CLFS for a x86_64 target on a native x86_64 system
with Fedora 6 installed.

I'm have a build error on tcl8.4.16. The error messages are as
follows. BTW, I'm using the chroot path.

gcc -shared -O2  -pipe  -DTCL_DBGX=   -Wl,--export-dynamic -o
libtcl8.4.so regcomp.o regexec.o regfree.o regerror.o tclAlloc.o
tclAsync.o tclBasic.o tclBinary.o tclCkalloc.o tclClock.o tclCmdAH.o
tclCmdIL.o tclCmdMZ.o tclCompCmds.o tclCompExpr.o tclCompile.o
tclDate.o tclEncoding.o tclEnv.o tclEvent.o tclExecute.o tclFCmd.o
tclFileName.o tclGet.o tclHash.o tclHistory.o tclIndexObj.o
tclInterp.o tclIO.o tclIOCmd.o tclIOGT.o tclIOSock.o tclIOUtil.o
tclLink.o tclListObj.o tclLiteral.o tclLoad.o tclMain.o tclNamesp.o
tclNotify.o tclObj.o tclPanic.o tclParse.o tclParseExpr.o tclPipe.o
tclPkg.o tclPosixStr.o tclPreserve.o tclProc.o tclRegexp.o
tclResolve.o tclResult.o tclScan.o tclStringObj.o tclThread.o
tclThreadAlloc.o tclThreadJoin.o tclStubInit.o tclStubLib.o tclTimer.o
tclUtf.o tclUtil.o tclVar.o tclUnixChan.o tclUnixEvent.o tclUnixFCmd.o
tclUnixFile.o tclUnixPipe.o tclUnixSock.o tclUnixTime.o tclUnixInit.o
tclUnixThrd.o tclUnixCompat.o tclUnixNotfy.o memcmp.o strstr.o
strtoul.o strtod.o fixstrtod.o tclLoadDl.o   -ldl  -lieee -lm
-Wl,-rpath,/tools/lib
fixstrtod.o: In function `fixstrtod':
fixstrtod.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `fixstrtod'
strtod.o:strtod.c:(.text+0x0): first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libtcl8.4.so] Error 1

My environment is as follows.
root:~/tcl8.4.16/unix# export
declare -x BUILD64="-m64"
declare -x HOME="/root"
declare -x OLDPWD="/root/tcl8.4.16"
declare -x PATH="/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/tools/bin"
declare -x PS1="\\u:\\w\\\$ "
declare -x PWD="/root/tcl8.4.16/unix"
declare -x SHLVL="1"
declare -x TERM="xterm"
root:~/tcl8.4.16/unix# mount
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=4,mode=620)
none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
root:~/tcl8.4.16/unix#

I've tried twice from scatch and both have the same error. Any idea
why this is happening?

Thanks a lot,
-Shawn.