[Clfs-support] CLFS glibc compile error

Stan Sander Stsander at sblan.net
Wed Aug 6 18:50:58 PDT 2008

I'm having to rebuild my clfs system due to a hard drive failure, so my
temporary build host has been a 32 bit Open Suse 10.3.  I am building a
multilib x86_64 using SVN-20080724 version of the book.  All has gone well
until I got to chapter 10.7, which is building glibc-2.7 32 bit as part of
the basic system software.  I had to follow the boot method since the host OS
was only 32 bit.

The build fails pretty early on in the glibc-2.7/elf directory while
attempting to compile dl-load.c.  The error that is generated is that
abi-tag.h is not found.  I have not been able to locate this file anywhere on
the host system or the minimal temporary clfs system that I am booted into.

Any ideas where I may have gone wrong or what the problem would be?  The
configure runs just fine and the temporary 32bit glibc from chapter 5.9
seemed to build OK.

Thanks for any assistance,

Stan