[Clfs-support] Cannot mmap pam libraries

wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Sun Apr 27 22:23:46 PDT 2008

On Apr 27, 2008, at 11:40 PM, Alonso Graterol wrote:

> and if I do ldconfig I get the following
>
> "ldconfig: Cannot mmap file /usr/lib/libpamc.so.
>
> ldconfig: Cannot mmap file /usr/lib/libpam.so.
>
> ldconfig: Cannot mmap file /usr/lib/libshadow.so.
>
> ldconfig: Cannot mmap file /usr/lib/libpam_misc.so."
>
> /usr/lib is specified in /etc/ld.so.conf
>
> I appreciate any help
>

> Alonso

Hi Alonso,

     I suspect a possible file corruption problem perhaps. Try
reinstall pam again, see if ldconfig can load it then.  Do you have
enough disk space on that filesystem /usr/lib resides in? What else
did you install after installing pam? Is it just samba you want to use
with pam?  Looks like shadow might be corrupt as well, somehow. Might
reinstall shadow as well. Are there any other libs that mmap can't
deal with?  Post your whole ldconfig -v sometime if you feel like it.

William