[Clfs-support] x86_64 multilib - /etc/udev contents

Steve McKenna Steve.McKenna at clearswift.com
Mon Apr 14 04:20:30 PDT 2008

I have previously followed the steps for LFS, but because I now need a
x86_64 multilib system, I have been following the steps in
Cross-Compiled Linux From Scratch - Version
SVN-20080228-x86_64-Multilib.

While working through Chapter 11, I noticed that the /etc/udev directory
in my CLFS chrooted environment is a lot different to the /etc/udev
directory on my LFS-based system (eg the LFS system includes a
/etc/udev/permissions.d directory).

Are there additional steps I need to follow to complete the
configuration of udev?

Is there a LFS udev-config tar-ball that is compatible with the x86_64
multilib CLFS system?

Thanks
Steve McKenna

CUSTOMER TESTIMONIAL OF THE WEEK
Steve Sharp, PMP
"Email is the number one critical application for PMP, not only for user email but also for critical business systems which rely on email for business workflow. MIMEsweeper provides a single point for managing email across all PMP businesses"
Do your defenses have what it takes? Prove it. ... try the Clearswift Threat Test today!  –  www.clearswift.com/threattest
Clearswift monitors, controls and protects all its messaging traffic in compliance with its corporate email policy using Clearswift products.
Find out more about Clearswift, its solutions and services at http://www.clearswift.com

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged information intended solely for the named addressee(s). It may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this message are those of the individual sender and not of Clearswift. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Clearswift by emailing support at clearswift.com quoting the sender and delete the message and any attached documents. Clearswift accepts no liability or responsibility for any onward transmission or use of emails and attachments having left the Clearswift domain.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for Content Security threats, including computer viruses.