[Clfs-dev] Server maintenance - be back online soon

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Tue Feb 12 20:50:17 PST 2019

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 15:02:17 -0800
"Justin R. Knierim" <cross-lfs at knierim.org> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> it was only a matter of time, but the old CLFS running on my cloud
> service kicked the bucket.  No data is lost, but everything was in
> severe need of upgrades.  I have refurbished the previous CLFS server
> (meander, but now called meanwhile) and will be doing fresh installs to
> get things upgraded and back online.  As for the GIT specific stuff,
> that was setup by someone else a longer time ago and I'm inclined to put
> the repos on github via a CLFS organization now so that others can pull
> and do merge requests without having to get specific accounts.  Any
> objections or other suggestions are welcome.

Hello Justin,

No objections. I can't think of anything specific right now.

> If there are any other specific needs for CLFS that weren't previously
> done please let me know.  I hope those on the CLFS team are doing well
> and look forward to feedback.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Justin

Doing fine here. I haven't much free time at all with CLFS since the
new IT job started about 3 years ago. It's been back to back project
from project that and at lightning speed SCRUMM fun.

I can barely keep my own home server up to date these days. Good news
is that our organization is finally moving to GIT. Of course, have
everyone who is scared and thinks it is too hard and all. Maybe after a
few weeks they'll like it better than SVN.