[Clfs-dev] Is CLFS still alive?

Tom Armistead tiny_armistead at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 09:20:31 PST 2018

I only speak for myself.  I've used CLFS in the past but am not in any authority regarding it.

If you need a cross-compiler, I have found that the crosstool-ng project is a good source to help you do that.

LFS can be (with mods) built on other architectures besides the x86/64 machines.   You have to make some changes to the instructions (particularly in the tool chain building) but it can be done.

If you need to cross build a Linux system, there are number of projects that do that.  I'm not very familiar with them but buildroot is one that I am aware of.

Tom